906 Technologies provides software development services to companies within a wide range of industries. Our software work extends from website design to firmware development, and touches on many different languages, frameworks, and technologies that are critical for anyone seeking to work in the industry. Established in Marquette, MI in 2005 by NMU graduates and currently employing 25 Full time employees.
Our immediate need is a WordPress developer to build custom themes and plugins. The Front End Developer is responsible for implementing visual interfaces with accompanying business logic of varying complexity as directed by the Project Manager. They will work closely with the Visual Designer to bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks and feels. They will work with the 906 Technologies Development Team to help implement back-end functionality as needed and able. The goal is to produce high quality websites and mobile applications for our clients within the budget limitations of the project. A strong candidate is experienced across the full-stack with a front-end focus and an eagerness to learn new technologies.
DUTIES, TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops, enhances, debugs, and implements web applications.
- Evaluates and recommends application software packages, application integration, and testing tools to clients, both internal and external.
- Resolves client reported problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- Elevates client tickets through proper channels with thorough technical documentation
- Corrects and documents software errors by making appropriate changes and revalidating the software
- Performs revision, repair, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements
- Builds reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensures the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimizes applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Develops websites and mobile applications following industry standard best practices with regards to SEO, accessibility, and security
- Communicates with Project Manager regarding anticipated roadblocks and collaborates with the 906 Technologies team to seek solutions
- Communicate directly with clients in order to elicit feedback
- Prepare internal and external business documentation as directed
Skills And Qualifications:
- Demonstrable proficiency in:
- Semantic HTML
- CSS, CSS Methodologies, and CSS preprocessors
- CSS Framework (Bootstrap, Foundation, etc)
- Consumption of Web APIs
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Thorough understanding of web security principles
- Familiarity with PHP
- WordPress development experience
- Other CMS platform experience (Magento, Craft, Shopify, etc)
- Ability to navigate production and staging web servers using a command line interface
- Familiarity with Git workflows
- Familiarity with SEO and Web Accessibility best practices
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and basic key performance metrics
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or associated field (or equivalent work experience)
- 1+ years experience with front-end development
- 1+ years experience with WordPress development
- Demonstrable experience with the full development lifecycle of a web application.
- Familiarity working with live web applications and live web servers
- Experience with PHP development
- Experience working directly with clients to interpret requirements, propose solutions, and adapt to feedback
- Mobile front-end development experience
**Our immediate need is a WordPress developer to build custom themes and plugins.**
Applicants: Please apply to 906 Technologies, LLC at firstname.lastname@example.org