Custom Business Software
Econo foods is a locally owned chain of grocery stores with three locations in Upper Michigan and three locations in Wisconsin.
Every week, a six-page ad consisting of a hand-picked list of products was created at Econo Foods’ main office and sent to individual stores where it was customized and printed for customers. A Microsoft Access-based application had been utilized to keep track of products featured in ads, however it hadn’t been maintained and didn’t meet the needs of the client anymore. Visual design of ads had been determined through continuous communication between the main office, individual stores, and their printing company. The process was unnecessarily tedious and time consuming for the client.
The client needed a web-based solution to be the central place for managing content and layout of weekly ads. The solution was designed not only to replace the existing Microsoft Access application, but also to import data from the client’s POS system which –in combination with the ad data– would be used to generate movement and sales history reports.
- Product database management
- Editing global and ad-specific product information
- Creating and editing ads
- Visual layout editor for ads
- Customizing ad items for individual stores, using instant sales history to make ordering and pricing decisions
- Printing and exporting ad order sheets for all department managers and distributors.
- Importing data from client’s POS system
- Generating sales reports for individual or multiple locations by ad week, department, product type, and UPC.