Position: Computer IT Technician
906 Technologies – Marquette, MI 49855
We are growing!
906 Technologies is seeking to hire an individual who is experienced in the growing field of Information Technology. We are looking for qualified and dedicated candidates interested in joining our team in Marquette, MI.
This is a full-time benefited position, 40 hours per week Monday-Friday. Occasional weekend/overtime work that may be required.
Wage is competitive with paid vacation, 401K, and health benefits.
906 Technologies is proud to offer continuing education opportunities to our staff whom are looking to further their skill set within the industry.
906 Technologies is an equal opportunity employer.
Working primarily with commercial clients, the IT Technician will diagnose computer problems, monitor computer processing systems, install software, and perform tests on computer equipment and programs. IT Technician will also set up computer equipment, and teach clients to use programs. Familiarity with electronic equipment, Internet applications, and security are also be required. Technicians need good communication skills required for frequent interaction with clients, and daily cooperation with our 906 client support coordinator who schedules service tickets.
Other job duties include providing required computer parts needed to create estimates to clients for a variety of IT requests. (computers, servers, phone systems, security cameras)
Duties & Responsibilities
- Configure and install workstations in response to client demands.
- Install new/rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc.
- Maintain domain environments. (Create, remove and change user accounts)
- Installation and configuration of Anti-virus solutions and Spam filter solutions.
- Perform operating system reload/installation; Virus removal; Computer Component Upgrades; Troubleshooting
- Source and request parts to be ordered by our Purchasing Department
- Source and provide parts required for an estimate/quote to be created. Quotes outline our recommended solution to a client request and the labor and material costs associated with the solution.
- Utilize Autotask software to accurately log time entries (time clock), review scheduled tickets, create tickets, document service notes on all hour entries, and the general workflow guided by 906 SOPs.
- Travel to client locations or work remotely out of our office to complete service tickets.
- Use communication tools and resources such as Microsoft office, Google, Internet, Slack
- Provide best technology practices to clients in a fiscally responsible manner while being mindful of cyber security threats in our approach to everything we do.
Experience and Qualifications
Required (one or more of these):
- Associate degree in computer science, information technology, or computer information systems. (or equivalent work experience and related certifications)
- A+ certification
- 3 years in the IT field
- Bachelor’s degree computer science, information technology, or computer information systems; or equivalent combination of education, work experience and related certifications)
- Microsoft certified IT professional certification
- Cisco certified network associate certification
- Knowledge of Wireless communication systems
- General knowledge of small to medium sized business operations
- Preferred: Experience with AutoTask Professional Services Automation
Physical Job Requirements
- Ability to climb ladders;
- Must be able to drive and be insurable;
- Regularly required to sit, stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch; and talk or hear.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Demonstrate Integrity
- Demonstrate commitment to continuous improvement within the business and within oneself
- Possess a friendly, positive, can-do attitude.
- Demonstrate sound business thinking, balancing the needs of individuals, the business and oneself
- Take personal accountability and demonstrate self-awareness
Critical Skills & Knowledge
- Must have a friendly, outgoing personality and be driven to satisfy clients
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise manner and listen attentively.
- Strong problem solving ability and analytical skills
- Good attention to detail.
- Basic computer skills (use of Microsoft office, Google, Internet, Slack)
- Accurate typing and data entry
- Time and attendance equipment and software (Auto Task)
- Normal office environment.
- Heavy exposure to PC
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. EX: computer printers, light traffic.
- Read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Write simple correspondence
- Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to clients, and other members of the company.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing with clients and with outside agencies while representing 906 Technologies.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities by their supervisor.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com